We're thrilled to announce our first new HR Certificate Program of the year: Design Thinking for HR, kicking off January 31st.
We're really excited about this Program, which draws on mindsets, techniques, and tools from the world of design to help unlock creativity and tap into new solutions for complex human resources problems.
At a time when HR is being called upon to drive transformation and solve for so many strategic, people, L&D, and operations challenges across the organization, design thinking is a great tool to have in your toolbox when things get especially tricky.
How design thinking can help HR
Design affects almost every aspect of our lives today. Over centuries, designers have applied systems and ways of thinking to solve major problems and change the way people work, live, and interact with the world.
These methods have been loosely codified into what’s now called “design thinking,” a popular tool for problem-solving, especially when it comes to particularly multifaceted or sticky problems. (Exactly the sorts of people and operations problems that human resources professionals are likely to encounter in our work now!)
In this Program, we break design thinking down into component parts that can help HR solve problems far outside the traditional confines of design. We’ll dig into the tools, mindsets, and behaviors that come out of design thinking and apply them to the situations HR professionals encounter in our daily work.
This Program is a Workshop, so you'll get your hands dirty right away, identifying a real-world problem and working with other learners to discover a solution together.
Key questions you'll explore in Design Thinking for HR
- What complex problems do we need to solve and what will it take to solve them?
- What are the core abilities and tools in the design thinking process?
- What can we learn from designers of yesterday and today about solving complex problems today?
- When does it make sense to apply a full design thinking process and when does it work to apply a design mindset instead?
- Why does design thinking work particularly well when thinking about large complicated problems?
Learn more about Design Thinking for HR and sign up for our inaugural session, or explore the more than twenty HR Certificate Programs in the Josh Bersin Academy now!